Learn how to go standup paddling with our excellent instructors while taking in beautiful Hanalei Bay!
- Private Lesson One on One Instruction
- 2 students 2 Students w. your own Instructor
- 3 students 3 Students w. your own Instructor
- 4 students 4 Students w. your own Instructor
Fun Surf Lessons at Hanalei Bay
Hawaiian Surfing Adventures has a unique system for surfing instruction that has proved highly successful. We have a talented team of surf instructors to make your experience the very best!
- We use soft-top surfboards for our surf lessons
- Often times mornings are best for wave quality and there is less wind, but also there is less of a crowd. Afternoons we try to have 1pm be our last lesson time because the Island children get home from school and want to head to the beach to practice their skills and we don’t want to bum them out. Our schedule is usually close to the following:
First 1/2 hour
- Watch the ocean and the waves together and talk about ocean safety
- Teach paddle and positioning yourself on the board.
- Teaching you to start reading the waves.
- Safety briefing
- We will get you out in the ocean and help you learn to stand up
- Talk with you about the world of surfing and some basic rules when surfing
- Answer your questions.
Saturday Group Surf Lesson are $100.00 per person. For your information there is never more than 4 students per instructor. If there are more than 4 in your party, you will have 2 instructors. Depending on circumstances you may have more than 2 instructors. It is very important to list names and approximate age/height/weight. Please also double check the phone number and email you list. We will assign appropriate instructors. If you need to contact us after booking, please call our reservation line so that we can add and highlight any information to be ready to help your experience be the best!
*Returning students do have discount in rentals after lesson and all of our surf shop items.
**Must check in a ½ hour prior to lesson start time